APN Consulting recently sponsored the latest fundraiser by inFusion to benefit the Hugs for Brady Foundation. inFusion brings together a group of selfless and talented teens with a passion for music and a desire to use their abilities to make a difference. The group holds regular live music events showcasing their unique musical talents with the proceeds going to various charities. Learn more about this amazing group here: http://infusion2017.blogspot.com/
APN CEO Vedant Pathak was truly touched by the mission of the Hugs for Brady Foundation and wanted to do more to help. Vedant has long believed in inspiring employees to make positive contributions to society and encourages volunteer work by providing staff with volunteer hours. He invited founder Sherrie Wells to the APN Consulting headquarters to talk about the mission of the Hugs for Brady Foundation. Sherrie and her husband started the Hugs for Brady Foundation in 2009 to help children with cancer following the diagnosis of their own son Brady. Brady succumbed to the disease in 2010, but his legacy lives on in every child helped by the Hugs for Brady Foundation.
Sherrie recounted her painful story and shared some of the amazing things they’ve been able to accomplish thus far. The money they raise goes directly to:
- Advanced cancer research at centers such as The Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey
- Special projects such as funding the region’s first sedation-free MRI project at New York Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital
- Helping families defray the costs of cancer treatment for their sick children
- Providing computers, TV’s, furniture and video games for children at oncology units like the Robert Wood Johnson Bristol-Myers Squibb Children’s Hospital’s Hematology/Oncology Unit
- Organizing Life-Saving Blood Drives
APN staff was moved by Brady’s story and inspired by the Wells’ ability to turn their grief in to something positive to honor the memory of their beloved son. Following the presentation, Sarah Bunales, head of APN’s healthcare staffing division, presented Sherrie with a donation in honor of the division’s first anniversary.
We are all proud to be a part of APN and as individuals we strive to continue paying it forward in our daily lives. Stay tuned for more information about how APN staff are using their volunteer hours!