Until recently, on-premise Data Centers could host all organizational data and generate intelligent insights. Today the world generates 2.5 quintillion bytes (that’s 18 zeroes!) of data daily! In just a few years, there has been a meteoric rise in enterprise data. That is why enterprise data centers are now being replaced by departmental data science teams that are specific to a line of business.
The role of the Data Scientist is also rapidly evolving – that of a specialist in a narrow area of business. At the same time, there is also a rise in the number of “citizen Data Scientists” – line of business stakeholders with the power of a Data Scientist at their fingertips who have gained this power because of automation of many tasks that are currently the domain of mainstream Data Scientists. In the coming years, the scope of the Data Scientist job title will morph in many diverse roles and responsibilities.
Consider these major data trends –
- Physical and digital worlds are meshing globally with the rise of virtual reality and augmented reality
- Routine business processes will be automated by machines
- The data scientist will become a “reinvented” scientist tackling more complex problems
- Automated Machine Learning will take predictive analytics to the next level
- Artificial intelligence will deliver customized customer experience through chatbots, virtual reality and augmented reality
- Blockchain will go mainstream permeating across industries
- Edge Computing – the ability to store streaming data close to the data source and free up cloud computing – is also going mainstream
- A Digital Marketing revolution is underway. AI will predict customer behavior, deliver customized marketing, and support a huge spike invoice queries and video content
This kind of rapid change calls for a partner who has developed a deep bench of expertise and understanding in Data Science. Over the past several years of our 16-year history, APN Consulting, Inc. has focused largely on Data Science. Several of our Fortune clients seek us out as a niche supplier for staffing Data Modelers, Data Analysts, Data Engineers, Data Architects, and Data Scientists – on contract and direct hire.
Our team of experts identifies, attract and retain top talent in Data Science across industries. We have a strong process to support short-term sourcing and long-term pipelining.
In the field of Data Science – whether you need a contractor or a full-time hire – we can find you –
- Data Modelers
- Data Analysts
- Data Engineers
- Data Architects
- Data Scientists
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- Solution Architects